Monday, December 3, 2012

Steak yakitori

This might not be the best in town but at least I got the taste and texture right.

What you need:
- New york steak 1 lbs

For marinating sauce, each skewer will use different sauce.
- Soy sauce
- Wasabi (I used a wasabi in a tube)
- Miso paste
- Hawaiian BBQ sauce
- Teriyaki
- Ponzu
- Curry powder + salt
- Garlic + Pepper + Soy sauce

See picture for some brands I use below:
p.s. the apricot jar is actually a hawaiian sauce I got from my friend :D


Start with getting a meat ready by cutting it into a strip shape thick enough to put on a skewer. I usually cut across so each stick will get both skin/ fat/ meat part.



Make sure the meat is thick enough to stay on the stick.

Start putting the sauce of your choice into the skewer. You can do multiple sticks at a time if you like.

Wrap the meat and let it marinate for at least 2-3 hours. I label all of them so I know which is which. After the meat are well marinated, unwrap them and try to dry off any excessive sauce to make sure it's just damp and not soaking wet otherwise the sauce could burn. 


Now it's time to cook. Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes with the empty broiler pan inside. Open the oven, put the sticks on the pan then back into the oven. Let each side cook for only 1 minutes then flip the other side. If you like, prepare the veggie of your choice like in the pic below.




When it's done, arrange on a plate nicely and avoid stacking different flavors together. OMG YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment